Working together with organisations in the Food and Agriculture Sectors that collaboratively engage on issues affecting their long term sustainability
• Manages the SPAR Rural Hub development project. This initiative focusses on the development of sustainable community owned business models that enable smallholder farmer driven local value chains.
• Advisory Board member of the Southern Africa Food Lab.
• Manages the multi-stakeholder and collaborative Supporting Smallholder Agriculture project.
• Managing the FARMNET project which analyses the various ways in which farmers cooperate through the formation of networks, associations, cooperatives and other groupings to propose and test enhanced farmer network structures that can be adopted by smallholder farmers.
• Consults to the GIZ/ Vodacom Connected Farmer Partnership on market access for smallholder farmers.
• Over 30 years’ experience in business with a focus on business strategy, sustainability and supply chain management.
• Broad experience in the Retail and the Food & Beverage Sectors holding senior management positions at South African Breweries, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Woolworths.
• The development of smallholder and emerging farmer support programmes.
• The design and management of corporate Enterprise Development Programmes.
Area of Speciality: The development of smallholder friendly value chains
Tel: (021) 712 2429